Who can apply?
You may qualify for free school meals if your child attends Ordsall Primary School and you receive one of the following benefits.
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC)) that does not exceed £16,190
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income-based and Contributions-based JSA and ESA on an equal basis
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after the person stops qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – during the initial roll-out of the benefit
Apply for free school meals and milk
The information needed to register includes:
- personal details (including national insurance number and date of birth) for you and your partner
- child’s details in full including their date of birth and the school they attend
- if eligible for free school meals and/or milk, the start date will normally be within two days of parents contacting us and entitlement being verified. We will also write to confirm the date the child’s free school meals and milk will start.
To apply for free school meals or milk for your child:
For further information contact the Free School Meals Team on 0300 500 80 80.