Type of vacancy Permanent
Work pattern Full Time
Location Ordsall Primary School, Ordsall Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SL
Salary or Hourly Rate IPR 20 to 24
Number on roll: 568 and Age range: 3 – 11
• Do you inspire, lead and innovate?
• Do you put children and young people at the heart of all your thinking?
• Do you value the professional development of all staff?
If the answer to the questions is YES, this position is for you.
The Governing Body, on behalf of our children and the school community, is committed to finding a new headteacher who:
• Is an inspirational, forward thinking strategic leader who is passionate about school improvement
• Has a clear and creative vision for the school and will build upon our core values
• Is ambitious for our children, inspiring all to be independent thinkers, reach their individual potential and develop their growth mindset
• Listens to, values and views parents and carers as partners
• Is a fair and decisive communicator who can build effective relationships with all stakeholders
• Champions inclusivity and diversity
• Encourages and empowers teamwork
• Ensures the curriculum is purposeful, child-centred and develops a love of life-long learning
In return we offer:
• Happy, motivated, resilient and well-behaved children who love to learn
• A highly dedicated, hardworking and caring staff team
• A school which is at the centre of the local community with a genuine family feel
• The opportunity to move our school onto its next stage of development
Our large and growing school is situated in Ordsall, within the thriving market town of Retford. As a school, we are at the heart of community life and our parents are very supportive of the work we do. Our recent (May 2022) OFSTED inspection found us to be Good, where “Pupils, staff, parents and carers are proud of their school…Pupils relish opportunities to help each other…they develop positive attitudes towards their learning”.
Please visit our website at www.ordsallprimary.com which will provide you with additional information about our school and will, we hope, encourage you to apply for the role of headteacher.
Candidates are warmly invited and encouraged to visit our fabulous school to personally experience our work and ethos.
To arrange a visit please contact: The school office on 01777 702852 email email@example.com
Application forms and further details are available from Governor Services by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: 0115 804 4666.
Please return all completed applications to email@example.com by Friday 27 January 2023 at 12 noon.
The closing date for applications is Friday 27 January 2023 12:00 noon
Shortlisting will take place on Tuesday 31 January 2023
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 21 and Wednesday 22 February 2023
The advert can also be found on Nottinghamshire County Council Website.